Parents – there are many options for you to monitor your children on social media. As a parent myself, I have used many of these programs to monitor my own children on social media apps and websites. I would like to share some of the highlights and benefits of these programs with you below!
I have been using the Mama Bear app for the past year and I think it offers parents some great features to help monitor their children. Some of these features include:
- Track locations – know where your kids are located, includes maps and sets up alerts. I love knowing when my kids arrive at school and gets home (it is a safety feature for parents to know where their children are). You can also see if your child is where “they say they are” that night at a sleep over.
- Monitor social media – You can monitor Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr activity. I know when my child has new connections, upload photos & like photos. A great new feature is that parents can set up a “restricted word list” which flags you if your children may be involved in any bullying or are posting inappropriate language on social media.
- Monitor speeding – Parents can set up set “speeds” to see if their children are exceeding the limits while driving. This is a great feature to help with the “new drivers” and teach teenagers about safe driving skills.
- Monitor texting – This feature is for children using Android Users (parents can monitor ingoing and outgoing texting through any phone including iphone or android devices).
Kids do know that mamabear is installed on their devices (it is no secret). They may not know all of the features listed above, however parents can go through this with them. Safety is a priority for our children and their devices.
PROMO CODE – KNOWMORE
Mobile Guardian is another monitoring app that I have reviewed this past year. Here are some of the features they offer:
- Block, manage and monitor apps – Know which mobile applications your child has installed and block or limit their use.
- Monitor web content – Stop your child accessing inappropriate web content. All operating systems have the Mobile Guardian Safe Browser to prevent use of incognito mode on other browsers.
- Know where your kids are located – Receive notifications when your child arrives or leaves a pre-defined location. Also, see where your child has roamed with their smart device or locate a missing child or phone.
- Set timetables on devices – Allocate times when your child can and can’t use their smartphone or tablet. They will always be able to call their VIP contacts.
- Block contacts and calls – Prevent undesirable or unknown people from being in contact with your child when they try to call. *Not available on iOS devices
- Block cameras – You can stop the phone’s camera being used, helping prevent sexting or the sharing of other inappropriate photos and videos.
- Receive alerts – Receive alerts by email about dangerous activity, such as accessing adult content, on your child’s smartphone or tablet.
- Disabling texting while driving – Disable all texting applications whilst driving to prevent distracting use of the phone when driving thereby preventing accidents.
There are more features listed on their website. I think this website is VERY detailed, explaining their product step by step.
PROMO CODE : PKM2016
My Social Sitter
I love this new app and there are some exciting additions coming this year!
My Social Sitter is used currently for text messaging and twitter! My Social Sitter provides an instant filter before any social media message goes public. You can see in detail how this works at http://www.mysocialsitter.com/how-it-works.php
There are thousands of key words that are “filtered” including acronyms (remember kids like to hide their messages with abbreviations). You (as their parent) can also add more key words as you wish with this program! If a child/teenager posts something that is inappropriate, the message will be flagged and rejected. This allows kids to go back and review what they tried to send and possibly think of a better option that is positive vs negative. The parents are also notified via email to see what their child tried to text/post. Kids can earn “tokens” to reward them for their positive posts, which can be later cashed in for fun gifts!
Features for Instagram and Snapchat coming soon! I cannot wait!
Sign up now for the deal!
Register for a Parent and Child account. Only one child can be ordered at a time since each child gets a unique login and ID that identifies their information (more secure and private).
On the shopping cart check out there is a section you fill out “Promo Code” and they will enter in: PKM16 (all caps). This gives you a discount of $10 off your annual subscription which will now be $29.99 a year (instead of $39.99 a year).This gives you a discount of $10 off your annual subscription which is now $29.99 a year!
This is a very powerful app that I just started using! Pumpic app is a multi-feature parental control application for mobile phones and tablets designed to protect everyone in the family and prevent dangers your kids may face. There are so many features it offers! You can monitor text messages, call history, messages through Snapchat, WhatsApp, Skype, Instagram, KIK, Facebook IM and much more. You can also view contacts, emails, photos and videos. There are location tracking capabilities too! This app has a lot to offer!
Check it out at http://pumpic.com.
PocketGuardian is a digital monitoring tool that parents can use to monitor their kids digital footprint without spying on them. Our software looks for inappropriate content and sends an alert notification to the parent if something is detected; specifically PocketGuardian detects sexting, cyberbullying, and explicit images. Alert notifications contain the child’s device, app name or social media account, sent or received, alert type, timestamp, and parental resources specific to the alert type. Notifications do not contain the flagged content. PocketGuardian monitors SMS, iMessage, Facebook, Twitter, Intagram, Kik, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Viber, Line, Whisper, Jott Messenger, Oovoo, and Ghost apps that hide photos.
Check it out at: https://gopocketguardian.com/
The following coupon code will give parents 50% off their first month of service: KNOWMORE16.
This is a great product that helps keep your kids safe through so many different functions. Net Nanny has so many different features that can help parents monitor their children. These features include:
- Internet filters – Be in control of your internet. Set filtering for 18 categories of online content to either block, warn, or allow for view
- Alerts and Reporting – Receive reports and mail alerts about your child’s online activity
- Time Management – Set the total number of Internet hours in a day or set specific times of the day when your child can be online
- User Profiles – Use preset user profiles or customize settings for each family member; unlimited user profiles
- Mask Profanity – View a web page without being bombarded by vulgar language
- Remote Admin – Check usage reports, change your child’s profile settings, and much more, from any computer with an Internet connection
- Block Pornography – Warn or block access to pornography and other adult content
- Social Media Monitoring – Net Nanny Social helps protect kids from online threats and monitors activities related to your child’s “friends,” cyberbullying, sexual predators, privacy concerns, and reputation-damaging picture or videos
If you are interested, go to http://www.netnanny.com/. Let us know so we can send you a promo code!